This is the first of four wax mold design projects for hockey sticks (Max’s Mystery Hockey Wax)
that I had the pleasure of working on with Andrew, an amazing client. He provided me with all the information he had, and we collaborated very happily. Andrew was satisfied with all the ideas I designed, and I’m thrilled to have had the opportunity to work with him.
Below are some images of the Donut project, which includes a total of four different donut shapes.
I designed them using SolidWorks, and the initial shape took me quite a bit of time. However, after successfully completing the first one, I was able to finish the remaining three shapes very quickly.
Shape 1
Shape 2
Shape 3
Shape 4
After designing the 3D models of the four donut shapes, I began working on the mold design. It was relatively simple and didn’t take too much time. However, you need to know how to check for undercuts in the mold design to ensure the product can be removed from it. If there are errors in the undercut check, the 3D shapes of the donuts need to be revised.
After I completed the project and sent it to Andrew, he reviewed it with his mold manufacturing partner, and they confirmed it was machinable. After nearly two weeks, Andrew received his Donut mold. Here is his feedback on the products created from the mold I designed:

Thank you all for reading my post. If you’d like to receive the 3D files for reference or have any needs for designing 3D models, please feel free to contact me.
MR.THINH SOLIDWORKS
No comments